Monday, October 6, 2008

Beijing

Well Beijing is completely different from the last time I was here 2 years ago. On Sunday I was able to go see the Olympic Green which is massive! I spent over an hour and a half walking around and seeing the National Stadium (the Birds nest), National Aquatics Center, and the National Indoor Stadium. It was really cool to see the place that just held the olympics. Afterwards I was able to have my favorite Chinese dish Gong Bao Ji Ding.

Today it was pretty cold out but otherwise a beautiful day. I was able to visit a couple of schools and meet with a couple of students in the hotel. In the evening I went to dinner with the representative for Kaplan in Beijing. The food was really good, we had fish in a spicy sauce, sharks fin and sausage. All of it tasted so good and the amazing thing...IT WAS ALL TOFU!!!! Yep everything was made from tofu and it tasted so realistic, the fish by far was the best dish, but the sausage actually tasted like real sausage, not bad for tofu!

Tomorrow I am off to Tianjin for the day which should be fun, another ride on a bullet train. I'll update everyone before I leave Beijing.

No comments: