Saturday, September 5, 2009

Singapore

Well its been a while since my last post but I have been pretty busy! Last time I left you I was just finishing up my second day in Singapore and the rest of my time there was just as fun. On Friday I watched the Dodgeball tournament at ICS in Singapore and then went out to a nice mexican dinner (in Singapore) with the school counselor, principal and about 4 of the teachers. It was a lot of fun and I got to learn alot more about the school and how challenging their curriculum is, not to mention the enchiladas were pretty good for halfway around the world!



On Saturday I had a lot of free time but just as I was about to head out into the city I heard from my colleague from Skidmore who was in Singapore too, we decided to meet up and have lunch/sightsee in Clarke Quay. Clarke Quay is a big tourist spot in Singapore and the restaurant hub, right along the river in the middle of Singapore. It has every type of food you can imagine and is a great place to hang out on the weekend. It was alot of fun having lunch there so we ended up going back to Clarke Quay for dinner with two other colleagues from Colorado College and Kenyon College. It was a fun night but unfortunately I woke up to pouring rain for all of Sunday, which was disappointing as I was going to explore the bird park but it did allow me to catch up on my work. On Sunday night I was able to get out for a bit and had dinner with one of the alums I see regularly which was great for my last night in Singapore...until the spring! Next onto Seoul!

I've added pictures from Singapore, enjoy!

No comments: