Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back To Asia! Again...

Well its been a while since my last post, but its the time of year for me to return to Asia for my annual fall recruitment trip. Stops on this trip include: Taipei, Taiwan; Manila, Philippines; Yangon, Myanmar; Seoul, S. Korea; Tokyo, Japan; Jakarta, Indonesia; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Singapore; Bangkok and Phuket, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam; Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai and Beijing, China. This year I have decided to not do a marathon run of 8 straight weeks, instead I'll be spending 3 weeks in Southeast Asia and coming home for a bit before returning to Asia for 2 weeks in China.

I started my trip with a whirlwind tour of Taipei spending the beautiful hot and humid day in downtown Taipei. As usual my trip didn't last long as I spent less than 24 hours in the city. I always enjoy my trips to Taiwan but they are never long enough!

I am now in Manila for the first time ever looking forward to spending the next 2 days exploring a new city! From what I have seen so far it is a beautiful country and reminds me a lot of Bangkok, Thailand. I was really surprised to find out that while Tagalog is the official language EVERYONE speaks English which makes it really easy to get around.

Another new addition for this trip is my travel companions as I will be doing all my visits with other schools. This is always fun and makes it easier to explore new cities with friends.

I'll do my best to keep you updated on my travels and hope to have some pictures up soon!

No comments: