Friday, September 12, 2008

Seoul

Well this post is long overdue as I'm just about done now with Seoul, however everything went well and it was actually a lot of fun. Yesterday, I had my first two visits at KIS and Daewon Foreign Language School. I decided to take the taxi to KIS so that I could get a chance to see the city. It was nice to see just how big Seoul is, it took me over an hour to get to KIS which is just outside of Seoul. After the visit I decided to try out the subway and I am glad I did. Seouls subway system is much cleaner and more efficient than any I've been on in the U.S. I have used the subway for every other visit so far.

One thing that I have had trouble getting used to is that people walk on the left. It took me running into a half a dozen people before I realized it was me that was causing the problem.

Last night I went out to dinner with one of the counselors to a place called Shabu Shabu which is very similar to shabu zen in Boston only by far better. Beef, seafood, vegetables, noodles and rice. It was amazing and really filling. I have pictures which I'm hoping to be able to post soon.

After my last visit today I went to the food court near my hotel to get some lunch. I was thinking of eating at "Love for Women" just because of the name but decided to go with my favorite meal, dumplings. They are absolutely amazing, good thing there is a gym in my hotel otherwise I am going to come back to Boston 100 pounds heavier than before!

Not much else is happening. I have the rest of the evening to explore Seoul a bit and do GPA re-calcs yay! Hopefully I'll post again before I leave Seoul. Hope everything is going well in Boston, New York and California.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay blogging! OMG - I totally can imagine everything you're going through - Have you seen people trying to sell stuff on the subway yet? That's the best.

Say hi to Rich and Matt! Happy that you are blogging!
Be good! (Oh, and this is Emily in case you couldn't figure that out...)

Darren Conine said...

Haha, yes I am sure you know exactly what I'm going through! There were plenty of people selling stuff on the subway in Seoul but the cool thing is that they didn't hound you, or even speak to you directly unless you showed that you were interested. At least that made the experience bearable!