Thursday, April 9, 2009

Beijing

Well I learned a terrible thing today, I can't converse with a taxi driver in Chinese. I used to be able to get by but not anymore, plus the taxi drivers english is getting worse now that the Olympics are over which actually makes them worse drivers somehow. They don't know any of the locations which can make it difficult to get around if you do not have a map handy.

I'm in Beijing for the last two days of my visit and unfortunately I do have to mention that the pollution/smog around the city has returned since the Olympics. We are having some nice weather right now but I am really looking forward to returning home even if it is cold in Boston. I have been able to have my favorite chinese dish (gong bao ji ding) twice while I have been here so I have done everything that I wanted to!

I can't believe that is was only 2 weeks ago that I was in Hong Kong for my first reception. Time has flown by, but at the same time it feels so long ago. But with only two visits tomorrow then off to Philadelphia the trip has come to an end. Until next fall...enjoy some asian food

No comments: