Monday, April 6, 2009

Singapore

Well I have arrived in Singapore only to find out that North Korea had finally launched its rocket. For those of you who have have not heard about this, North Korea was planning on launching a Satellite into orbit, however most of the regional countries and the U.S. believe it was more of a test of their ballistic missile system. A lot of people were worried in Tokyo while I was there. The government had brought in surface-to-air missile systems to shoot down any debris from the launch if it ended up over Japan, luckily none did.



Apparently North Korea launched the rocket while I was sitting in the airport in Tokyo. I didn't hear about the outcome until I arrived in Singapore. For me there was no need to worry, this has far more policical implications for the North Korean's than military implications.

Singapore is as beautiful as ever. I arrived in my hotel late last night and had a full day of visits today. As is typical in Singapore it is a beautiful day until about 2pm when there are torrential downpours for about an hour at most and then back to beautiful weather. I am definitely enjoying the warmer climate, I believe it is high 80's today? Not much time for sightseeing this visit. I'm off to my last Admitted Student Reception this evening then another full day of visits tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be as nice. I'm enjoying my last week in Asia but looking forward to returning home at the end of the week!

No comments: